Your business idea is only as good as your ability to communicate it clearly.
As you write out your plan and ideas, they might sound good to you – but they MUST make sense to prospects, possible partners and potential investors.
This week’s links focus on helping you perfect your business pitch whether it’s for your next networking event, a presentation to land a new client, or in front a of a group of potential funders.
Favorite Find: Carol Roth
Author and thought leader Carol Roth reviews pitches via video over at the New Your Times: You’re the Boss blog. Check out her recent feedback to an entrepreneur who wants to make organic cigarettes for hipsters. Click here to see more of her feedback, along with the original pitches.
- The Importance of an Elevator Pitch: My interview with with Barbara Lopez, The Elevator Pitch Coach:
- How to Craft a Killer Elevator Pitch that Will Land You Big Business
General Business Pitches
- How to Pitch Anything in 15 Seconds (Video at Forbes.com)
- Secrets of a Successful Business Pitch from James Caan (Harvard Business Review)
- For Web Designers: Six Tips for Pitching to Major Clients
- If you make cookies, homemade gumbo or a new kind of fine wine: Creating a Successful Food and Beverage Sales Pitch
- Secrets for Nailing a Pitch from Seven Female Founders
- 15 Quick Tips for a Kick Ass Presentation (Lessons learned from a live pitch event)
- How to do it right: Check out this “Awesome Pitch” from Candace Klien of SoMeLend – it won her $75,000 at StartUp 2012.
Latest posts by Tai Goodwin (see all)
- Guest Post: How to Outsource Labor and Effectively Grow Your Business – October 1, 2013
- Browseworthy: The Latest News on Outsourcing Resources [INFOGRAPHIC] – September 13, 2013
- Launch Talk Episode #78: Faith-Based Branding for Solopreneurs and Small Business Owners – September 12, 2013