Books – ebooks, audio books, digital books, hardbacks, paperbacks, whatever style suits you – books are a great professional development tool. They can be especially valuable as business building tools when you read them.
As an employedpreneur it’s easy to use time as an excuse that keeps us from picking up that book we ordered a month ago. We already had all burners going with work, business, and home life. Now add summer schedule changes, kids home from school, and the lure of sunny days enticing us to play and we’ve got even more
excuses reasons to leave the books on the shelf.
If you are taking a break from your business this summer than enjoy your time off. For those of you who want to use this summer to whip your business into shape for the fall and upcoming holiday season, here are 15 titles to check out, download, or order. The titles are divided into three categories – based on the focus for this year – Money, Marketing, and Intention.
Stretching Your Money Mindset
You can see our expert contributor @NicoleAFende for practical tips on budgeting and planning. For many of us however, we need to take a step back and focus on changing how we think about money. No matter how much you make, whether it is from your day job or your business, if your mindset about wealth and money is incorrect, you will never live from a place of abundance. To strengthen your money mindset, add these titles to your list:
- Money is My Friend – Phil Laut
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- The Millionaire Mind – Thomas Stanley
- Secrets of Six Figure Women – Barbara Stanny
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind – T. Harv Ecker
- Bonus Book: How to Be a Finance Rock Star by our very own Nicole Fende
Strengthening Your Marketing Muscle
Marketing is the “business muscle” that new entrepreneurs need to strengthen the most. The faster you increase your understanding of how to communicate the value, results, and benefits of what your part-time business offers, the sooner you can build a strong client base. And the faster you build your client base, the sooner you can transition from employedpreneur to entrepreneur.
- Content Rules – Ann Handley and C.C. Chapman
- Guerrilla Social Media Marketing – Jay Levinson
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR – David Meerman Scott
- Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business, Online and Off – Jim Cockrum
- Attention! This Book Will Make You Money: How to Use Attention-Getting Online Marketing to Increase Your Revenue – Jim Kukral
Intensify Your Intention
Pursuing your purpose- based passion as an employedpeneur is not for the faint of heart of the weak-willed. Sometimes the biggest obstacle to taking action towards our dream is not money, time or ideas – it’s us. Past mistakes, prior bad decisions, jobs where we are severely underemployed – all set a precedent for disappointment that can destroy our hope if we don’t deal with it. The good news is if you change your thoughts, the door opens for you to change your life. Here are five books that can help you get unstuck and get on with sharing your brilliance with the world.
- The Charge – Brendon Burchard
- The Bigger Game – Laura Whitworth and Rick Tamlyn
- The Million Dollar Idea in Everyone – Michael Collins
- The Power of Focus – Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Les Hewitt
- Taming Your Gremlin: A Surprisingly Simple Method for Getting Out of Your Own Way – Rick Carson
Click here to see the full list at Amazon.com.
What Are You Reading
Leave a comment below and share what title or titles you are adding to your list for this summer. Or feel free to add something we’ve missed.
Latest posts by Tai Goodwin (see all)
- Browseworthy: The Latest News on Outsourcing Resources [INFOGRAPHIC] – September 13, 2013
- Launch Talk Episode #78: Faith-Based Branding for Solopreneurs and Small Business Owners – September 12, 2013
- Browseworthy: The Latest Small Business News to Help You Launch Smart – September 7, 2013