Market Niche: A small but profitable segment of a market suitable for focused attention by a marketer. Market niches do not exist by themselves, but are created by identifying needs or wants that are not being addressed by competitors, and by offering products that satisfy them. (From the BusinessDictionary.com)
The Sweet Spot Niche Interview Series
This podcast series is aimed at giving employedpreneurs real examples from other business owners who found their “Sweet Spot” by niching their business. Our first Sweet Spot Niche Interview is with Dina Eisenberg of Positively Wed.
Finding a profitable niche for your business can be one of the most challenging tasks as you build a foundation for a profitable business. I specifically call out the word profitable because it is quite easy for people to say “I am self-employed or I have my own business,” it is much more challenging to be able to claim, “I have a consistently profitable revenue generating business.” The wisest business owners learn how to specialize or niche their products and services in a way that establishes their credibility, leads to customer loyalty, and generates consistent revenue. And most of all they are masters at listening to what their customers need and then adapting their services and offerings as needed.
Dina a former lawyer turned coach has been able to niche her products and services in two ways:
- Her first niche focused specifically on helping wedding entrepreneurs with negotiation skills.
- From there – she’s expanded her products to focusing on entrepreneurs at-large who need help with negotiation skills
- How Dina turned her passion into a profitable business
- Her advice for gracefully firing clients who may not be a good fit
- How narrowing her niche by problem and audience made the difference in her business
Have you found your Sweet Spot Niche? Pitch us your niche and you could be featured in our series!
Latest posts by Tai Goodwin (see all)
- Guest Post: How to Outsource Labor and Effectively Grow Your Business – October 1, 2013
- Browseworthy: The Latest News on Outsourcing Resources [INFOGRAPHIC] – September 13, 2013
- Launch Talk Episode #78: Faith-Based Branding for Solopreneurs and Small Business Owners – September 12, 2013