If you were to do a progress check on the goals you’ve set toward pursing your passion, would you be on target, playing catch up or totally off track? If you are not making the progress you expected, have you been in a holding pattern? waiting for the perfect situation or some other mythical milestone?
There are times when it makes perfect sense to wait. Maybe you need more information. Maybe your true intuition (not fear) is whispering, “not yet.” Then there are times when the reasons we are waiting are just excuses. They might even sound like legitimate logical reasons for not taking action, but if we are honest they are really just self-made thresholds that we’ve created to keep us from failing.
Ready to stop faking yourself out and lose the wait that has been keeping you grounded?
Here’s a list of 19 things you don’t have to wait for to start pursuing your passion and creating the life you really want.
- For opportunity – create your own.
- To be asked for what you want or need.
- For people to like or approve of your vision.
- To make and take time for yourself and your passion.
- For your skills to be perfect, you can always learn as you go.
- For people to reach out to you to start building your network.
- Until you think you know how everything is going to work out.
- To finish your degree or complete your professional certifications.
- To be recognized – find a way to shamelessly self-promote your wins.
- To ask for help. Reach out and reach up to create the support you need.
- For someone to ask you to participate – show up, join in, make an impact.
- For someone else who you think is “smarter” or “better” to solve the problem first.
- For someone to appoint you to a leadership role – find a way to lead without the title.
- Until you have all the money you think you need – the resources will find you once you take action.
- Until you feel like doing something. Your feelings will line up once you take the necessary actions.
- For someone to give you permission to dream big and create a plan for making your dream come true.
- Until you have all the experience to go after a new role. Look for opportunities that will allow you to stretch.
- To disengage from unproductive work relationships and conversations that keep you disgruntled and frustrated.
- To boldly pursue your passion without shame, regret, or fear.
Remember…the world needs you. Live on purpose, work your passion…be brilliant!
Latest posts by Tai Goodwin (see all)
- Guest Post: How to Outsource Labor and Effectively Grow Your Business – October 1, 2013
- Browseworthy: The Latest News on Outsourcing Resources [INFOGRAPHIC] – September 13, 2013
- Launch Talk Episode #78: Faith-Based Branding for Solopreneurs and Small Business Owners – September 12, 2013