Health is one of the things we tend to take for granted. With so many things on our plate, it can be easy to forget about health issues – especially when we seem healthy. We put off proper nutrition, exercise and sleep. As we get older though, this neglect can catch up to us and take away time and productivity from our lives and business.
By the time your health declines, it is often too late to recover. Poor health will rob you of energy, quality of life, and ultimately your business. As an employedpreneur, with both a job and a business, you can’t afford to neglect your health.
Just as you have developed a solid plan for your business, you need to have an effective plan for maintaining your health. Developing good habits takes time and a conscious effort. Be proactive about it: Make time to exercise, eat healthy and get enough sleep.
It can help to write your health goals down.
- What fitness level do you want to achieve?
- How are you going to exercise?
- What healthy foods are you going to eat?
- What time do you want to get to bed and how long do you want to sleep?
Be careful to keep things realistic – don’t put down too many goals, otherwise you may get frustrated and quit before you start.
Next implement your plan by choosing one goal to work on at a time. Like getting the proper amount of sleep. As a rule of thumb, it takes 21 days to develop a good habit. So, over the next 21 days, make a graduated effort to go to bed at a set time that allows your body to get the rest it needs.
Another factor that can help is accountability. Talk to a coach or a trusted person in your support system about your goals. Having another person to remind you and encourage you to continue with your plans for better health can be a huge benefit.
When everyone around you at the office and sometimes at home is chowing down on burgers, pizza, candy, and sugary drinks, it’s awfully tempting to join in, isn’t it? With fast food choices available at every turn it seems, it can be hard to choose healthy options that give you the nourishment your body needs. But with accountability, daily reminders and a plan for making healthy food choices a habit, you may find that eating better to fuel your body and mind gets easier and easier.
By replacing the negative spiral of thoughts in your mind with powerful, positive ones, affirmations can help you stick to a healthy diet, say no to temptation, and eat nourishing and satisfying foods. There will always be temptation, but when you equip yourself with anti-temptation affirmations you will be able to quickly re-focus your mind on maintaining your health!
Here are 10 affirmations to get you through the temptation and help you stay on track:
- Successfuly reaching my vision and goals requires my mental and physical health.
- I can neutralize bad habits with good food, exercise, and healthy living.
- I am proud to reach out to my support network instead of leaning on food for comfort.
- I am making healthy choices for me because I love me.
- I set aside time just for me.
- My good health and productivity are the rewards for the nourishing foods I eat.
- I use self-care, not self-control.
- The more I take care of myself, the better I feel.
- I am firmly committed to staying active and healthy.
- I deserve a healthy body and mind.
When you look at these affirmations for health, they may seem like ideal behaviors and thoughts that you only wish you could have – but each time you reaffirm them by saying them aloud, you’re slowly changing your mindset. Over time, they will become a reality through your thoughts and actions.
Investing in your health will always have a positive ROI, in the short and long term. The rewards: improved physical energy, sharpened mental focus, and the ability to handle stress more effectively. Ignoring your health can result in serious consequences for all that you are trying to build. Be proactive. Invest time in forming better health habits. Take time out to take care of yourself.
Remember, you are the most valuable asset to your business.
Latest posts by Tai Goodwin (see all)
- Guest Post: How to Outsource Labor and Effectively Grow Your Business – October 1, 2013
- Browseworthy: The Latest News on Outsourcing Resources [INFOGRAPHIC] – September 13, 2013
- Launch Talk Episode #78: Faith-Based Branding for Solopreneurs and Small Business Owners – September 12, 2013
Category: Marketing Your Business