Remember back when you were three or four years old – how much confidence you had?
If you are like me, then you probably don’t. But I do remember watching my daughter at three and four. We’d be at the playground and I’d be nervous watching her climb the monkey bars; she’d be excited and calm, focused and determined. She was confident.
If you are going to start a part-time business while working full-time, you need confidence. Of course you need to have confidence in your abilities. You also need to be confident in your calling. You need to know that what you are offering is of value and will solve the exact problem that your audience is seeking answers for. Trying to start a business without confidence is trying to scuba dive and you don’t know how to swim. You can have all the gear, have the most expensive equipment, but if you can’t swim you’ll end up splashing around, wasting your breath and energy and possibly drowning.
One of our themes for this year is how to be confident in your calling. Here are 15 quotes to help boost your confidence as you launch your business:
- If you put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price. ~Author Unknown
- If you don’t have confidence, you’ll always find a way not to win. ― Carl Lewis
- I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn’t fall down. ~Allen H. Neuharth
- You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt
- Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. – Dale Carnegie
- Step out, trust yourself and allow the path to emerge. Change starts within, where you learn to trust your intuition, and then change happens around you. You intuit your next steps and before you know it the future has become a very present reality. – Kemmy Nola
- I am convinced all of humanity is born with more gifts than we know. Most are born geniuses and just get de-geniused rapidly. ~Buckminster Fuller
- When someone tells me “no,” it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them. ― Karen E. Quinones Miller
- You are the only person on earth who can use your ability. – Zig Ziglar
- Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstance. ~Bruce Barton
- If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started. – Cicero
- Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable. ~Wendy Wasserstein
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined. ― Henry David Thoreau
- Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong. ~Peter T. Mcintyre
- And no one will listen to us until we listen to ourselves. ― Marianne Williamson
Latest posts by Tai Goodwin (see all)
- Launch Talk Episode #80: Making Servant Leadership Part of Your Business Model – October 2, 2013
- Guest Post: How to Outsource Labor and Effectively Grow Your Business – October 1, 2013
- Launch Talk Episode 79: Even Your Part-time Business Needs a Business Plan – September 25, 2013