“People are always blaming their circumstances for where or what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them.” -George Bernard Shaw
How much time have you wasted blaming circumstances? While it is true that we don’t always have control over our circumstances, we do have control over how we respond to them.
Brilliant women have made an art of turning negative circumstances into stepping stones towards the success we know we deserve.
Today’s Affirmation: My perspective remains positive in adverse situations.
My view of life is optimistic because my thoughts about the future are positive. With excitement and anticipation, I look forward to my best days, which I believe are ahead of me. The way I feel about life is the result of a conscious decision I’ve made to be steadfast in my faith. My unwavering hope draws blessings my way.
In my mind, I give room only to positive thoughts and visions of success. I refrain from entertaining fearful or doubtful thoughts. Regardless of where I find myself in life, I think positively. My perspective is unshaken because it is rooted on a solid ground of faith. Daily, I choose to believe in my dreams. Daily, I choose to believe there is good in everyone around me.
Because I choose to believe, seemingly negative events are unable to damage my perspective. When people disappoint me, I forgive them and allow myself to trust them again. When a door closes, I allow myself to seek a new opportunity.
I am more than a survivor; I am a conqueror. My dreams thrive in the midst of adversity. The only one with the power to alter my destiny is me. Difficulties have no effect on my purpose because I refuse to give away my power to my situations.
Today, I choose to believe in hope. I allow what I know in my heart to carry me above what I see with my eyes, so that I can remain unstoppable. I choose to rise above adverse situations by staying true to my purpose and passion.
Options for Responding to Set Backs:
- Consider: What can I learn from this?
- Reflect: How did I contribute to this?
- Redirect: What can I do to turn this around?
- Aspire: Next time – I will _____________.
- Accept: Even though it may not look like it (or feel like it) – I know this will work for my good some how.
Latest posts by Tai Goodwin (see all)
- Browseworthy: The Latest News on Outsourcing Resources [INFOGRAPHIC] – September 13, 2013
- Launch Talk Episode #78: Faith-Based Branding for Solopreneurs and Small Business Owners – September 12, 2013
- Browseworthy: The Latest Small Business News to Help You Launch Smart – September 7, 2013